By Sophorn Chhay
Even the smallest towns have more than one restaurant, and it seems like new establishments are opening all the time. In order to build a successful restaurant business, you need to be able to set yourself apart from the competition. Here are some creative mobile marketing strategies for restaurants to help you do just that.
1. Use Location AppsApplications that allow users to “check-in” at different restaurants offer you a unique opportunity to promote your business. Create an active presence on these applications to make your restaurant more visible to prospective diners.
2. Promote Your Restaurant on YelpYelp is an incredibly popular website, especially among people who are searching for a good restaurant. This website allows past patrons to leave reviews of their experiences. In many cases, prospective diners will read these reviews before coming to your establishment. Depending on the content of the reviews, they may drive away potential customers or bring them through the door. Pay close attention to the content of your Yelp reviews. Add as much information to your profile as you can and respond to any negative comments quickly.
3. Use Mobile to Support Your Loyalty ProgramsA solid loyalty program will keep customers coming back to your restaurant. Consider using existing loyalty applications to provide consumers with discounts and other incentives for returning to the restaurant in the future. Alternatively, you can also create your own loyalty program and use SMS messaging to distribute mobile loyalty rewards.
4. Offer ConvenienceNothing frustrates diners more than a long wait time. In many cases, customers will not only have to wait for a table when your restaurant is busy, but they will also have to wait a long time to receive their food. Consider allowing customers to make reservations via mobile so that they don’t have to spend time waiting. To provide even more convenience, partner with an application that allows diners to order their meals in advance. This will not only set you apart from the competition, but it will also increase customer satisfaction.
5. Use Mobile to Collect PaymentsThanks to advances in technology, customers can now pay for their meals using their smart devices. This saves your servers time and allows your customers to settle the bill as soon as they are ready to leave. Keep in mind that some diners may still prefer to pay their bills using traditional methods, so mobile payment should remain optional.
6. Leverage Social MediaSocial media profiles are an excellent tool for any ambitious restaurant owner. Build a strong social media presence complete with photos of food, a copy of your menu and information about your location and hours. Engage with users on social media, encouraging them to post about their experiences and share your restaurant’s page with friends and family.
Mobile marketing may not make your restaurant a success overnight, but it can help you build a successful business over time. By following these tips, you can spread the word about your restaurant, bring in new customers and encourage previous customers to return.
Catch up on my current posts along with industry articles